Request for offers Technical Agronomic Assistance
Córdoba, 2 de mayo de 2018.- Galpagro is Consortium Leader of the LIFE Resilience project (LIFE17 CCA/ES/000030), which will run from 1/7/2017 till 30/06/2022. It aims to prevent the occurrence of Xyllela fastidiosa in intensive olive & almond plantations applying productive green farming practices. It is executed in Spain, Portugal and Italy and has a total of 9 partners.
The TFM expert or company will need:
- • demonstrated experience in agronomy and technical assistance with field trials in intensive olive & almond production fields
- • demonstrated experience in cover crops, relevant vectors and ecological balance
- • ability to write documents / reports about the trials
- • ability to travel in South of Spain and Portugal to visit the field trials
- • Action A1: support analysis of the plots and design final management plan for trials
- • Action C2: support to help run the field trials with regular field visits
- • Action C4: support the trials with regard to cover crops, vector presence, etc. to bring back ecological balance and help devise alternative management strategies for plantation owners
- • Support the writing of the relevant deliverables in the mentioned Actions
The project director of Galpagro will be coordinating the different deployments of the TFM. Upon Galpagro’s decision the TFM might be asked to join the Kick-off meeting to discuss operational details and planning.
The involved partners Galpagro, SACH and Nutripadro have agreed to divide the proportional costs of the TFM according to their approved budgets and individual contracts will be made for the sake of traceability. TFM will invoice each company for the specific work undertaken, keeping track of hours dedicated and relevant action. The contracts in any case will only by signed after signature of the Grant Agreement between Galpagro and EASME (expected in June 2018).
Offers are expected before the 25th of May and need to include reference to the full project name and code as stated above. Please include a list of references. In the offer it is important to describe at least:
- • 5 years proven experience in Agronomical technical assistance in both private and research project(s)
- • Proven experience in cover crops and resilience improvement of intensive olive and almond plantations.
- • Fluency in Spanish and English required.
- • Regular personal meetings will be required. The first will be organized in the third week of July 2018 in Córdoba or Sevilla (kick-off). Here the selected TFM might be asked to join in planning and discussion of operations details. Further visits will need to be proposed by the TFM and accorded by each partner.
If interested, please contact us here or by phone to project manager Teresa Carrillo, T: 664687386, or by email directly: email@example.com